CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 18, 2008

Garden

So I have been trying to hard to keep my little garden alive. I am doing pretty good. I am so excited about my pineapple. It should be ready to eat in a few days. We also have a mystery vegetable. We thought it was a tomateo plant but we are not sure what it is now. Interesting. Seems to be like a cherry tomato growing in a husk. We have been using organic methods to keep the bugs away. If you know Okinawa, bugs are plentiful here. In fact I went for a walk with a friend today and we were attacked by a bunch of cicadas. Okay not really attacked we scared them but one hit my friend in the face and another got stuck in my hair. They were pinging off our strollers too. Their noise is so loud it makes you want to cover your ears. Anyway, back to the garden. I am so excited and wanted to share with everyone!

5 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

Everything looks so great! And that pineapple!!! It made my mouth water...

moaspen said...

The image of the cicada hitting your friend in the face and then getting stuck in your hair had me laughing out loud. Sorry, it probably wasn't funny at the time but I sure wish I could have seen it. Those buggers are loud.

Sara said...

Wow, your garden looks great! I tried a hanging tomato plant this year, and it is doing fabulously. I am so jeoulous of your pineapple.

Unknown said...

Are you sure your mystery plant isn't a tomatillo? That is what it looks like to me. Sorry I haven't written in so long. Dad's internet isn't working right so we don't have any access.

Katie said...

Could your mystery plant be a tomatillo, they grow in husks?

Boys singing

Hi Grandparents

One good Cookie